Crock Pot Taco Lasagna
Layers of savory taco meat, flour tortillas and cheese make this Crock Pot Taco Lasagna an instant family dinner favorite!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 8 burrito size flour tortillas
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened and divided
- 2-3 c shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 15 oz can tomato sauce divided
- Optional: favorite taco toppings grated or shredded cheddar cheese
Put your ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat
Brown, drain, add your taco seasoning packet and cook according to instructions on packet
Lightly spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Place two tortilla shells in your crock pot so that they cover the bottom of the insert and come up the sides some
Spread 1/4 of your cream cheese over your tortillas
Top with 1/4 of your taco meat, 1/4 of your cheese and 1/4 of your tomato sauce
Repeat your layers three more times
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours
Serve with your favorite taco toppings and cheese
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened. If not, it is a little awkward spreading the cream cheese on your tortillas...not that I would know that from experience or anything! By the last layer, my cream cheese was nice and soft, and it was easy peasy to spread out!
- This recipe is adapted from Gooseberry Patch's 101 Cozy Casseroles.
- This Crock Pot Taco Lasagna is one of those recipes that seems like it was just made for my 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot. If you don't have one yet, you can use a 5-6 quart crock pot.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.