Crock Pot Chicken Milano Recipe (Johnny Carino's Copycat)
This Crock Pot Chicken Milano Recipe (Johnny Carino's Copycat) is a creamy, savory chicken and ham slow cooker recipe served over a bed of fettuccine. We love the flavor the basil and cremini mushrooms add to this comfort food dish.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 5 mins
- 3 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 16 oz Cremini Mushrooms- Sliced
- 3-4 Tablespoons Fresh Basil- Chopped
- 8 oz Cream Cheese- Softened
- 10.5 oz Cream of Chicken with Herbs
- 10.5 oz Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup Cooking Sherry or Chicken Broth
- 1 lb Ham Slices
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese- Shredded
- 16 oz Fettuccine - Cooked
- Garnish: Fresh Parsley- Chopped
Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker or the casserole crock pot.
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Layer mushrooms and basil on top.
Combine cream soups, cream cheese and sherry (or broth) in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 2 -4 minutes.
Layer cream cheese mixture on top of mushrooms.
Next spread the ham slices over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over fettuccine and garnish with parsley.
- We used our casserole crock pot for this recipe and it filled it ALL the way up to the tippy top! If you do not use a casserole crock, you will definitely want to use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- If you don't like using cream soups from the can, here is our homemade alternative.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.