Crock Pot Mexican Rice Veggie Bake Recipe
Crock Pot Mexican Rice Veggie Bake layers vegetables, beans, salsa, rice and cheese together into a delicious crock pot casserole. Kids of all ages love this crock pot side dish for taco night.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Carrots Peeled and Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 16 oz Can Refried Beans
- 15 oz Can Black Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 12 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
In a skillet or browning slow cooker, saute vegetables in oil until they are tender.
In a large bowl, place remaining ingredients (minus the cheese) and mix in vegetables until mixed well.
Layer half of the mixture into a lined or greased slow cooker.
Layer half of the cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- This recipe was adapted from one found in 150 Recipes in a 13 x 9 Pan.
- We used a food processor to chop up all our veggies very fine.
- We like to use our 6 quart non-stick slow cookers for this dish but any 6-quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray or lined should work fine! (Psst... disposable liner fans, have you seen the new reusable liners? We love ours!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.