Crock Pot Cheeseburger Pie
Everyone will love this easy Crock Pot Cheeseburger Pie!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup Velveeta (or equivalent) cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- salt and pepper to taste
Brown your ground beef with your onion, salt and pepper and drain
Pour your ground beef mixture into a slightly greased 2.5 quart slow cooker (I used Dotty, my 2.5-quart polka dot crock pot)
Top your beef mixture with your cheese
Mix together your remaining ingredients and pour evenly over everything
Place 3-4 paper towels under your lid and cover and cook on high for 1 1/2-2 hours, until it can pass the toothpick test
- If you look at the oven version, you will notice that the ingredients are a tidbit different. I changed the cheese because I loved the way that it tasted with Velveeta. I also changed up the batter so that it was a little thicker and would cook up better in the crock pot (since slow cookers keep the moisture in).
- In case you are wondering, the paper towels catch the moisture from the lid so that it doesn't drip onto your pie.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.