Crock Pot Cream Cheese Danish
You can have one that tastes like it is straight from the bakery with this Crock Pot Cream Cheese Danish recipe!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 2 8 oz cans crescent rolls
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg divided
Unroll one can of crescent rolls in the bottom of a slightly greased 6-quart crock pot (I used Cris' Ninja since I was up at her house when I made these.)
Mix together your cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk (reserve your egg white) with a mixer until well blended and smooth
Spread your cream cheese evenly across your crescent rolls
Top with your other can of crescent rolls
Brush the top of your crescent rolls with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar
Place a couple of paper towels under the lid, cover and cook on high for 1 - 1 1/2 hours (mine was perfect at about an hour and 20 minutes)
Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers
- You want to keep your crescent rolls in the fridge until you are ready to use them. They are easier to roll out when they are cold.
- Don’t use too much of your egg whites. Just lightly brush them on the top.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.