Crock Pot Potato Packet
Are you looking for a recipe to make your life easier? Turn your favorite crock pot meals into a one-pot meal with this yummy Crock Pot Potato Packet!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 5-6 potatoes , peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 onion , sliced thinly
- salt and pepper to taste
Tear off a large piece of foil
Place 1/2 of your onion on the bottom
Cover with half of your potatoes
Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Pull up the sides of the foil to form a packet and close tightly
Place on top of your meat cooking in your 6-quart slow cooker (I used Sir Hamilton, my Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Remove packet from slow cooker and garnish as desired or make into mashed potatoes
- This is a recipe to make your own. If you want mashed potatoes, make them up into mashed potatoes. If you want creek potatoes, you can eat them like that. If you want to add bacon, add bacon! Whatever you want, go for it!
- This Crock Pot Potato Packet is an add on recipe. You will be placing the packet in the same crock pot as a meat you are cooking for 6-8 hours. It makes it so you can make your main dish and side dish all in one crock pot! That way you only have to have or clean up one crock pot instead of two!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.