Crock Pot Beefy Hearty Beans
These Crock Pot Beefy Hearty Beans are a great way beef up a weeknight dinner. They can be prepped the night before and cook all day!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 lb pinto beans cleaned, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 3/4 lb bacon fried and crumbled, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings
- 8 cups water
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
In a skillet, brown your ground beef with your onion and drain
Place your beans, beef and bacon crumbles in your crock pot
Cover with 8 cups of water
Add remaining ingredients and stir gently
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- You can serve these Crock Pot Beef Hearty Beans up with a slotted spoon for a delicious side or with a ladle for a yummy soup!
- I used my 6-quart Programmable Travel Crock Pot. It was the perfect size for this recipe.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.