Crock Pot Cinnamon Swirl Spoon Cake
Do you love cinnamon? Do you love cake? Then you are going to fall head-over-heels in love with this delicious Crock Pot Cinnamon Swirl Spoon Cake!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 20 oz cinnamon swirl crumb cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 serving instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
Mix together your cake mix (without the swirl packet), sour cream, pudding mix, water and oil until well blended.
Spoon batter (it will be thick) into a slightly greased 6-quart crock pot (I used Sir Hamilton, my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker)
Sprinkle reserved swirl packet on top of your batter
Using a spatula, swirl in the packet
Put 2-4 paper towels under the lid of your crock pot, cover and cook on high for 1 1/2-2 hours
About 30 minutes before your cake is done, mix together your brown sugar, cinnamon and flour and sprinkle on top
Cook the remaining 30 minutes uncovered
- While this batter would fit in a 4-quart crock pot, use a 6-quart crock pot. I tried it in a 4-quart and the sides burnt before the center was done since this is such a thick batter.
- You can decide how much cinnamon you want in the topping. We love cinnamon, so we like it more on the 2 tablespoon side, but it is completely up to you.
- The paper towels under the lid keep the condensation that gathers on the lid from dripping down on your cake.
- After you swirl in the swirl packet, your cake is going to look all crazy. Don't worry. That is normal, and the end product is delicious!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.