Crock Pot Cream Soda Poke Cake
Do you love a good poke cake? I took one of my favorite childhood recipes and converted it to this Crock Pot Cream Soda Poke Cake. Yum!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 white cake mix , prepared
- 12 oz can cream soda (or Big Red)
- small package strawberry jello
- 1 tub frozen whipped topping , thawed
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
Lightly spray your 6-quart slow cooker (I used Sir Hamilton, my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker
) with cooking spray
Pour your prepared cake mix in your slow cooker
Place 3-4 paper towels under the lid, cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours
Once your cake passes "the toothpick test", remove your crock from your slow cooker and let it cool
When your cake is cooled, poke holes in your cake with a toothpick
Mix together your cream soda/Big Red with your jello
Evenly pour your jello mixture over your cake
In a different bowl, mix together your whipped topping and pudding mix
Spread your topping evenly over the cake
- You can serve this right after you make it, but I love having it chilled first. Let me know which you prefer!
- This is a crowd pleaser. Whether you make it for yourself at home or for a pitch-in/potluck, it will be gobbled up quick!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.