Crock Pot Pork Chop Rice Casserole
This Crock Pot Pork Chop Rice Casserole is comfort food at its best!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 2-3 lbs boneless pork chops
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Long-Cooking Rice
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1.25 Cups Water
- 1.1 oz Package Onion Dip Mix
- ½ Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Place chops evenly on the bottom of the crock.
Stir together remaining ingredients until blended well.
Spread over top of chops.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 high for 2-3 hours. (Note: Time may vary, dish is done when your chops are tender and the rice has absorbed the liquid.)
- Make sure you use long-grain, long cooking rice for this, not minute rice. An easy way to tell is to look at the cooking instructions on the package. The instructions on the right package will tell you to bring the water to a boil and let it simmer for at least 15 minutes, NOT the package that says you can be done in 5 minutes in the microwave.
- If you do NOT like the softness of rice in a casserole dish, this may not be the recipe for you. We like it that way, so I did not try it with less liquid. I will tell you that this recipe has amazing flavor. So if you like a good chicken rice or pork chop rice casserole, then you are in for a treat!
- This is a rice recipe, so knowing your slow cooker is a must. I can’t tell you enough how important this is! If your crock pot doesn’t cook evenly or cooks too hot or cooks too slow, it can ruin a recipe with rice in it. That is why I used Sir Hamilton (my insulated Hamilton Beach slow cooker). He is a 6-quart slow cooker, so that gives the recipe enough room to spread out. He cooks perfectly and evenly, so I know that I am not going to have hot spots that turn the rice to mush or slower cooking spots that leave me with crunchy rice. This is not a recipe to try out on your new crock. Use your tried and true, favorite crock pot that you know cooks evenly.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryers in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.