Crock Pot Bacon Mushroom Egg Casserole
Our Crock Pot Bacon Mushroom Egg Casserole is a savory breakfast recipe with onion, peppers smoky cumin and creamy Havarti cheese. This dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch or even breakfast for dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 8 -10
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup peppers of choice we enjoy using Poblano and Anaheim
- 10 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices crisp bacon crumbled
- 10 slices Havarti cheese divided
Saute mushrooms, onion and peppers with 1/4 cup of butter in a skillet or browning slow cooker.
Set aside and cool.
In a bowl, beat eggs and stir in cream, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic, crumbled bacon, mozzarella cheese and 2 slices of the Havarti cheese (crumbled).
If using a traditional slow cooker, coat with butter (browning slow cookers will already be buttered from the saute step).
Stir the mushroom mixture into the egg mixture and pour into the slow cooker.
Cook on high until eggs set (45 minutes to 3 hours - cooking time will vary greatly depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks).
Cover eggs with Havarti Cheese and cook for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- We make this breakfast casserole in our 6 quart Ninja Slow Cooker because we love the ability to saute the mushrooms and slow cook in the same pot. You can use a traditional slow cooker if you would like and use a skillet on the stove for the saute step instead.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- See our Recipe Finder for a full list of our low carb breakfast recipes.
- You can find more low carb recipes in our Low Carb Recipe Library that we update weekly.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. Your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.