Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake
This mouth-watering, completely ah-mazing cake is a great way to treat yourself!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 40 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 12 T baking cocoa divided
- 4 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 c milk
- 4 T oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 3 c hot water
Spray crock pot with cooking spray
Combine flour, sugar, 4 T cocoa, baking powder and salt
Add milk, oil and vanilla and stir
Gently stir in one bag of peanut butter chips
Place in your crock pot and spread evenly
Combine brown sugar and 8 T cocoa in separate bowl
Stir in hot water
Pour mixture evenly over batter (do NOT stir)
Pour your second bag of peanut butter chips evenly across the top
Cover and cook on high for 1½ - 2 hours, until cake passes toothpick test
Turn off crock pot and remove lid
Let cake stand for 30-40 minutes
Serve cake and spoon chocolate lava from bottom of crock pot over cake
- If you look at the Crock Pot Chocolate Lava Cake, you will notice that the measurements are doubled here. I am feeding an army at our "small" group, so I knew that I needed to double it. If you are not feeding an army, you can cut this recipe in half and use a 3-quart crock pot.
- I used my Casserole Crock Pot for this. I love the 9x13 pan for crock pot cakes and casseroles. It just works perfectly. If you don't' have one, I would use a 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe.
- I used Reese's Peanut Butter Chips in mine. I don't usually use name brand ingredients, but they were on sale and cheap. They worked great! You can try it out with your favorite peanut butter chips if you don't have/want to buy Reese's Peanut Butter Chips.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.