Crock Pot Sweet Corn Sausage Rice Casserole
Are you looking for a hearty casserole full of flavor and vegetables that kids of all ages love? Our Crock Pot Sweet Corn Sausage Rice Casserole is one of our favorite family dinner recipes.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 10 -12
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies (mild)
- 8 oz Mexican Velveeta diced
- 15.5 oz creamed corn
- 11 oz Mexicorn
- 11 oz corn
- 3 cups minute rice uncooked (plus water to prepare)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Prepare rice according to package and set aside.
In a skillet or browning slow cooker, brown sausage until cooked through, drain and return to the skillet.
Add the green bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and Velveeta until cheese melts.
In a large bowl combine skillet contents with rice, cream style corn, corn, Mexicorn, salt and pepper and mix well.
Spray a 6-quart slow cooker (or Casserole Crock) with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner (We used this reusable one).
Add mixture to slow cooker and top with shredded cheese.
Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours until cheese melts and edges brown slightly.
- We altered a recipe from 150 Recipes in a 13 x 9 Pan to create this Crock Pot Sweet Corn Sausage Rice Casserole Recipe.
- We have made this recipe several times in a browning slow cooker, casserole crock and also in one of our regular 6 quart slow cookers with a reusable liner. Any 6 quart slow cooker should work fine.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.