Sweet and Savory Beef
This Sweet Savory Shredded Beef slow cooker recipe is one of our favorite all day slow cooker recipes. Toss four ingredients into a crock pot for 8 hours and serve up perfection every time!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
6 Quart Crock Pot
4 Quart Crock Pot
- 12 oz can of beer
- 1 cup brown sugar-packed
- 24 oz ketchup
- 3-4 lb boneless beef roast
- We found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch's 101 Super-Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook .
- See the video in this post to learn how to shred meat with a stand mixer.
- If you want to freeze this beef for later, bring the meat down to room temperature and then portion it out into freezer bags. Push all air out of the bags before closing and freeze flat for easy storage. When ready to serve, remove from the bag and reheat in the microwave, skillet or slow cooker. Stirring occasionally to break up the beef.
- You can use any 4-6 quart slow cooker to make this recipe.
- Use our Recipe Finder to find more recipes to enjoy.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish and NOT the auto-calculation in this post.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 919mg | Potassium: 881mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 4.1mg