Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
I’ve loved Salisbury Steaks since I was a kid. I never knew I could make them so easily in my Instant Pot! So, of course, I had to share with you this Instant Pot Salisbury Steak recipe!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Natural Release15 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 8 people
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 large eggs
- 2 pkg onion soup/dip mix
- 4 10.5 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp butter
Turn your 6-quart Instant Pot on and to the Saute setting.
While it is heating up, mix together your beef, eggs and onion soup mix.
Make 12 small, thin patties out of your beef mixture.
Once your Instant Pot says, “HOT”, put in your butter and wait for it to melt.
Once your butter is melted, add in 2-3 patties and let them brown for 4-5 minutes on each side.
Remove browned patties and put them on a plate while you brown the rest.
Mix together your soups and broth in a large bowl.
When all of your steaks are on your plate, turn off the saute feature and pour in about 1/4 of your soup mixture.
Top your soup with a layer of Salisbury steaks and repeat layers, spreading your soup on top of your steaks, ending with the rest of your soup.
Put your lid on and seal it. Turn on meat setting for 25 minutes.
Let it stand for 15 minutes after it goes off (do not let the warm feature kick on) and then quick release, if needed.
Serve steaks with gravy over them.
- I have updated this recipe with a method that will make it easier for any altitude, and has a delicious gravy to boot!
- Make sure your patties are thin. They will shrink up some in width as they brown, and thin patties stay together better.
- If you use an 8-quart electric pressure cooker, you may want to use an extra 1/2 cup of broth to help bring it up to pressure.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 761mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3.1mg