Crock Pot Hamburger Soup
This Crock Pot Hamburger Soup is amazing!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 3 ribs celery sliced, sticks
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 46 oz can vegetable juice
- 3 potatoes peeled and diced
- 16 oz can kidney beans drained
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
Put your ground beef, onion and celery in a large skillet and brown over medium heat, drain
Put your ground beef mixture in your crock pot
Add in your your tomatoes (with their juices), vegetable juice, potatoes, drained kidney beans, bouillon and seasonings
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender
- For this yummy soup, I used Cera, my 6 Quart Crock Pot with Ceramic Coated Pot. There is quite a bit of food in this recipe, so I wouldn't go smaller than a 5 or 6-quart crock pot.
- I made a few changes to this recipe (as always!), so feel free to change it up for your family's wants and needs. If celery is a favorite at your house, you can add more. If you aren't fans of potatoes, add in what your family does like and use fewer potatoes. You get the idea.
- While this isn't a dump and go recipe that has no prep, but it is a simplistic recipe, so don't be afraid of it! It is super easy and delicious!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.