Instant Pot Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes
We've taken on of our family favorite crock pot recipes and made it into an instant pot recipe. And we love this Instant Pot Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes recipe!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 2 pkgs of traditional rope turkey sausage cut into half inch slices
- 6-8 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 cans of green beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper to taste
Place your potatoes in the bottom of your Instant Pot
Top with your onion
Add your sausage slices, green beans and water
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper
Secure lid and set lid to seal. Set on Manual with the warming feature off (press manual button twice on Instant Pot to turn warming off) for 30 minutes. (Note: It will take approximately 15 minutes for pot to reach full pressure before the 30 minute timer will start.)
Let Instant Pot NATURALLY release (Do not immediately use quick release) for at least 15-20 minutes before quick releasing. I personally prefer to let it completely naturally release.
- If you would rather make this in your crock pot, you can find the recipe here: Crock Pot Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes.
- We used a 6 quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. Using an electric pressure cooker is a great convenience in the kitchen, but ALWAYS follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for safety.
- If using a smaller pot, you may need to reduce the recipe to avoid overflow.
- DO NOT Quick Release this recipe immediately after cooking. Also, DO NOT EVER cover the vent of your electric pressure cooker. As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.