Easy Shredded Pork
If you are looking for an easy shredded pork crock pot recipe, it doesn't get much simpler or tastier than our Easy Shredded Pork recipe.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time8 hrs
Total Time8 hrs 5 mins
Servings: 10 -12
- 5 lb Pork Shoulder
- Steak Seasoning To Taste
Sprinkle steak seasoning liberally all over the pork shoulder.
Then place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours until it is fork tender.
Shred with two forks OR place the roast in a stand mixer and mix slowly until shredded.
Serve on buns with bbq sauce, in casseroles, in tacos or quesadillas.
- We crocked this up in one of our favorite 6 quart slow cookers. (See this list of all our slow cookers.) But you can use any slow cooker your pork shoulder will fit into.
- We cooked this up and then shredded it by placing it in our stand mixer while hot and stirring slowly until the consistency reached our desired amount of shred. Do not mix on high or leave unattended. If you don't have a stand mixer, the roast will be tender enough to pull apart using forks. If it isn't tender at first, cook a bit longer until it fall apart.
- We served up on buns with bbq sauce. You could also use this meat in tacos, casseroles or quesadillas.
- You can use pork loin instead of shoulder, but you may need to reduce your cooking time.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.