We own (or have owned) all slow cookers listed on this page. We plan to do a more in depth review of many of these slow cookers in the future.
Note: Referral links have been used below
Browning Slow Cookers – Stove-Top
These slow cookers can be used on your stove top to brown meat in your crock and then place back in the unit to continue slow cooking. Some are even oven safe. These crocks are lightweight and made with a non-stick coating. I LOVE the non-stick coating but it is important to note, unlike the heavier stoneware, they can chip and flake overtime
- Crock Pot 6 Qt Stove Top Safe (Programmable)
- Hamilton Beach 6 Qt Searing Slow Cooker (Programmable)
- West Bend 84966 Versatility Oval-Shaped 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
- Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker
Browning Slow Cookers – In Unit (Multi-Use)
These slow cookers often times have multiple uses but all allow for browning of meat in-the unit. They all have a high enough heat setting you can brown meat and then switch to a slow cooking setting. These crocks are lightweight and made with a non-stick coating. I LOVE the non-stick coating but it is important to note, unlike the heavier stoneware, they can chip and flake overtime.
- Crock–Pot 6-Quart 5-in-1 Multi-Cooker with Non-Stick Inner Pot (Programmable)
- Cuisinart 6 Qt 3 in 1 Slow Cooker (Programmable)
- Ninja MC750 3-in-1 Cooking System (Programmable)
Pressure Cooker Multi-Use Units with Slow Cooker Option
Another type of multi-use slow cooker that has hit the market are the electric pressure cookers that have both browning and slow cooker settings. These pots are GREAT for folks who need to be able to change cooking times on the fly. Don’t have time to slow cook? Pressure cook! They are also great for rice lovers.
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Slow Cooker/Pressure Cooker, 6Qt
- Ivation 7-In-1 Programmable Multi-Function Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker
Casserole Crock Pots
The casserole crock is a very popular model right now. The large rectangle is a very familiar size for oven casseroles and now is available for slow cooker casseroles. The smaller oval is perfect for dips, desserts and small meals. (Check out my Casserole Crock 101 ).
- Casserole Crock Slow Cooker, 3.5-Quart (Manual)
- Casserole Crock Slow Cooker, 3.5-Quart (Programmable)
- Mini Casserole Crock Slow Cooker, 2.5 quart (Manual)
Lunch Crock Warmer
The warmer is not a crock pot that cooks raw ingredients, but rather it is perfect for individual servings of precooked or leftovers.
More Small Slow Cookers (4 Qt and under)
Slow cookers should be at least 2/3 full to best cook your recipes. So, some times, a smaller unit is preferred. This is especially true for many dip recipes
- Cuisinart 3.5 Qt Programmable
- Crock Pot 2.5 Qt (Manual)
- Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker, 4-Quart
- Crock-Pot 4-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker
- Classic 3-Quart Crock Pot
- Classic 2-Quart Crock Pot
These slow cookers know how to party! The 3-pot buffet slow cooker is a lot to carry around, but it is great for a trio of appetizers or dips. The other slow cookers listed were made for travel with locking lids and travel features.
- 3-Pot Buffet Slow Cooker (Manual)
- Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry
- Hold & Go Slow Cooker 5 QT(Manual) (Check out my in depth review here).
- Crock Pot 6 Qt Single Hand Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Control
- Hamilton Beach 33642 Programmable Right Size Slow Cooker, Multi-Quart
More Large Slow Cookers
These are some of the large slow cookers I have owned and used over the years.
- iStir Crock Pot Automatic Stirring Slow Cooker (Check out my in depth review here.)
- Hamilton Beach Intellitime Slow Cooker, 6-Quart
- Crock-Pot Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo 6-Quart Slow Cooker (Not recommended. Review coming.)
- West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker
To be continued…
Affiliate links were used on this page.