Cookin’ Cris’ Dishes Cooking Show: Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
NOW UPDATED with Cooking Show Video!
NEW Easy LOW CARB Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup Version Too!
Watch the video below for an update on this recipe that simplifies it and reduces the carb count without losing the flavor- yum!
So I threw all the leftovers in my favorite individual soup containers and sent them right along with her much to her delight!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
The base of this soup starts with browned ground beef and onion and layers in the flavors of the peppers, tomatoes and broth to make a fantastic soup that will have everyone coming back for more!
We used one of our favorite varieties of diced tomatoes in this soup to give it some added flavor. Both the Basil, Oregano and Garlic and Roasted Garlic with Onions varieties would be fantastic in this soup.
Which Slow Cooker to Use?
I’m often asked which slow cooker I would use for a specific recipe. Since there is a browning step involved in this recipe, I love to use my one of my favorite stove-top safe slow cookers that let you take the crock straight from cooking on the stove and throw into you slow cooker and continue cooking. One dish to clean up (vs. the crock AND a skillet) and anyone who knows me, knows I am ALL for that! Also– love the non-stick surface of this slow cooker.
But now that I also have an automatic stirring slow cooker that I love for soups like this!
Quick Cooking Video: Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
We also have a quickie video of this recipe:
Note: If the video isn’t loading properly, you can watch it by clicking the button below.
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 c onion diced
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions
- 2 c green peppers and/or red peppers chopped
- 15 oz can Red Gold tomato sauce
- 3 c beef broth
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1 c cooked rice
- Brown your beef with your onion in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain your beef and onions and place in your 6-quart slow cooker. (I used my Hamilton Beach Searing Slow Cooker.)
- Add your Red Gold tomatoes (juice and all) and the rest of your ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.