Have you ever had Crock Pot Chile Verde Soup? It is full of tender pieces of pork and a bright and flavorful broth that always has everyone asking for seconds! It is also so simple to throw together.
We found the original recipe for this new family favorite at our house in Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker. We loved the flavor of the chilies and the northern beans. And, the pork was just incredible– so tender and the perfect compliment to the delicious broth!
Crock Pot Chile Verde Soup
- 1/2 lb pork tenderloin cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 30 oz cannellini or Great Northern beans (2-15 oz cans) drained and rinsed
- 8 oz diced green chiles (2-4 oz cans)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped fresh cilantro sour cream
- Pour your oil in your skillet over medium heat.
- Cook your pork in the skillet on each side for 1-2 minutes until it is lightly browned
- Put your cooked pork in your slow cooker
- Place the rest of your ingredients (except cilantro and sour cream) on top of your pork
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Serve with sour cream and a sprinkling of cilantro.
Slow Cooker Recommendations
Since this recipe has a browning step, we love to use one of our stove top slow cooker models to brown the pork in our crock and then transfer to the cooking unit– keeping it a true, one-pot dish. We also love our automatic stirring crock pot for most of our soups because it keeps those flavors all stirred up during cooking. BUT– truth be told, I am head over heels in LOVE with this all-in-one slow cooker that has a browning setting to allow you to brown your meat IN the crock pot. However–all that said– any 5 to 6 qt slow cooker should work just fine for this recipe.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crock Pot Soup Recipes (3 Reader Favorites) - April 27, 2021
- Ninja Foodi Buttered Noodles (Electric Pressure Cooker) - April 22, 2021
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole (Low Carb Options) - April 20, 2021