Are you looking for a pork chop recipe for your Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot or Crock Pot Express? Our Electric Pressure Cooker Pepper Jack Pork Chops Recipe is a super easy one pot dinner that everyone loves!
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
***Ninja Foodi Giveaway Details are at the Bottom of this Post***
When Iowa Pork Farmers recently reached out to me to create a sponsored recipe, I knew I wanted to do a pork chop recipe because I get so many emails about recipes for pork chops and how to cook the the perfect pork chop.
How to Cook the Perfect Pork Chop
We love pork chops around here and cook them often. Readers often ask me about how to get a tender chop. The secret to cooking the perfect pork chop involves paying close attention to the method in which you cook your chops.
Cooking Pork Chops on the Grill, in the Oven and on the Stove
One common mistake while cooking pork chops on the grill, stove or oven is that folks tend to overcook pork. When using dry heat like that of a grill, stove or oven, it is very important to stop cooking before the chop overcooks or it may turn tough or dry out. Cook fresh cuts of pork to a blush pink color and an internal temperature of 145. The best way to achieve the perfect tender, juicy pork chop on the grill, stove or is to use a meat thermometer (this is our favorite one) and remove the chop once it reaches 145 and let it rest a few minutes before serving or cutting into it.
Cooking Pork Chops in the Crock Pot and Electric Pressure Cooker
The opposite advice is needed when using moist heat to cook your pork chops, like in a crock pot or pressure cooker. The key to super tender chops in the crock pot or electric pressure cooker is often cooking it a bit longer, if your find your chop to be a little tough. Cooking longer under moist heat tends to create a more tender chop, the opposite of cooking under dry heat.
Electric Pressure Cooker Pepper Jack Pork Chops Recipe
Electric Pressure Cooker Pepper Jack Pork Chops
- 6-8 Boneless Pork Chops
- 2-3 tbsp Fat or Oil (We used bacon fat)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz frozen green beans
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 bell pepper cut into thick slices
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- Heat oil or fat in a 6 quart electric pressure cooker on saute feature with the lid off.
- Combine cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a gallon size baggie.
- Place chops inside baggie and toss until coated.
- Brown chops on both sides in electric pressure cooker.
- Turn off saute feature and add green beans, mushrooms and bell pepper to the pot.
- Pour broth over top and salt & pepper vegetables to taste.
- Seal the lid and place under high pressure for 10-12 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
- While hot, carefully plate pork chops and veggies and top with slices of pepper jack cheese before serving.
- This is an electric pressure cooker recipe. If you would like the crock pot version you can find it here: Crock Pot Pepper Jack Pork Chops.
- If you are looking for more low carb recipes, you can find them here: Low Carb Recipes.
- This is a recipe that we have tested in our Ninja Foodi but you should be able to make it in any 6-8 quart electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot and Crock Pot Express. (8 quarts may require you to add a little more chicken broth to reach pressure).
- If you are looking for more Ninja Foodi Recipes, you can find them here. You can also make any of our Instant Pot Recipes and Air Fryer Recipes in the Ninja Foodi.
- If you are looking for more electric pressure cooker recipes, you can find them here: Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryers in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All cooking units cook differently under different conditions, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Ninja Foodi Giveaway
How to Enter
Enter below by recording your entries in the Rafflecopter Box AND commenting at the bottom of this post and telling us your favorite pork dish! Psst… notice in the rafflecopter box that following Iowa Pork on Instagram gets you 5 extra entries!
- Contest runs from 12/10/18 until 11:59 PM 12/19/18 EST.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Winner will be announced in the 12/21/18 newsletter (subscribe to the newsletter here) and winner will contacted via provided giveaway email.
- Winner will have 72 hours to respond with a Continental US Shipping Address of where they would like their Ninja Foodi shipped.
- Specific product model is not guaranteed. Shipping dates will be subject to current product availability. We will order giveaway prize immediately upon receiving shipping address.
- This contest is co-sponsored by Recipes That Crock and Iowa Pork Farmers. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest are not responsible for this contest.