We are always on the lookout crock pot recipes with a unique flavor and we just fell in love with this Rustic Italian Crock Pot Chicken from our friends over at Red Gold.
We just loved this recipe. It is like a fantastic combination between a rich spaghetti sauce and veggie stew. Everyone loved it so much when I served it up the other day, my parents took home the leftovers to have the next day!
Now the recipe calls for diced tomatoes, so I took the opportunity to substitute in that uber-flavorful Basil, Garlic and Oregano variety that Red Gold offers. Perfection!
As for my favorite slow cooker to cook this up, in it has to be one of my stove-top safe slow cookers because of their non-stick crocks which make clean up a total snap!
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (approx. 2 lbs)
- 2 large carrots cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes (I used their Basil, Garlic and Oregano Diced Tomatoes)
- 2-15 oz OR 1-28 oz can of Red Gold crushed tomatoes
- 3 c pasta of choice, cooked and drained
- Lightly coat your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT your pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over your pasta.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.