We are always on the lookout crock pot recipes with a unique flavor and we just fell in love with this Rustic Italian Crock Pot Chicken from our friends over at Red Gold.
We just loved this recipe. It is like a fantastic combination between a rich spaghetti sauce and veggie stew. Everyone loved it so much when I served it up the other day, my parents took home the leftovers to have the next day!
Now the recipe calls for diced tomatoes, so I took the opportunity to substitute in that uber-flavorful Basil, Garlic and Oregano variety that Red Gold offers. Perfection!
As for my favorite slow cooker to cook this up, in it has to be one of my stove-top safe slow cookers because of their non-stick crocks which make clean up a total snap!
Rustic Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx. 2 lbs)
- 2 large carrots cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes I used their Basil, Garlic and Oregano Diced Tomatoes
- 30 oz crushed tomatoes (2 - 15 oz cans OR 1-28 oz can)
- 3 c pasta of choice cooked and drained
- Lightly coat your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT your pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over your pasta.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.