We are always on the lookout crock pot recipes with a unique flavor and we just fell in love with this Rustic Italian Crock Pot Chicken from our friends over at Red Gold.
We just loved this recipe. It is like a fantastic combination between a rich spaghetti sauce and veggie stew. Everyone loved it so much when I served it up the other day, my parents took home the leftovers to have the next day!
Now the recipe calls for diced tomatoes, so I took the opportunity to substitute in that uber-flavorful Basil, Garlic and Oregano variety that Red Gold offers. Perfection!
As for my favorite slow cooker to cook this up, in it has to be one of my stove-top safe slow cookers because of their non-stick crocks which make clean up a total snap!
Rustic Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx. 2 lbs)
- 2 large carrots cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes I used their Basil, Garlic and Oregano Diced Tomatoes
- 30 oz crushed tomatoes (2 - 15 oz cans OR 1-28 oz can)
- 3 cups pasta of choice cooked and drained
- Lightly coat your crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place your chicken in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT your pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over your pasta.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This recipe was shared on The Weekend Potluck.
Latest posts by Cris (see all)
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020
- Easy Guacamole Recipe - February 6, 2020