Do you want to take something a little different to your next get-together? This Cheesy Bean Dip is deceptively good! And one I get asked the recipe for every time I take it somewhere!
The original recipe is found in Gooseberry Patch’s Hometown Harvest and by a blogger friend of mine, Carmen over on Old House Homestead. Check out her other yummy crock pot recipes here.
Now I most recently whipped this up for my girlfriends to snack on while we held our marathon Freezer Cooking Day! I popped the ingredients into one of the crocks of my favorite party-going slow cooker and while we cooked up over 100 meals, this dip helped us keep our energy up (and taste buds satisfied)!
Cheesy Bean Dip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Cup Sour Cream or Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- 16 oz Can Refried Beans
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar divided
- Tortilla Chips
- Blend all ingredients except shredded cheese.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crock and layer with half the cheese.
- Add remaining cream cheese mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Heat on low for 4 hours and serve with tortilla chips
What Dips & Appetizers do you like to take to parties? Have you checked out our Holiday & Party Recipes Section?
let and anything that reduces my need to do dishes is a big win around here!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #16 - April 4, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
Is there a way to make this without using the crockpot? Do you think just over the stove would be delicious as well?
Hi Summer- You might try heating it through in a 35o degree oven. You will just want to make sure you serve hot so the cheese stays melty.
Nikki Keehl says
Made this today and it was a hit with the guys in my family….I did tweak it a bit because I bought the larger can of refried beans. I kept all ingredients the same except I added a little more onion powder and about 1 teas. Garlic salt. I put in a can of green Chili’s and mixed it all together. Layered the cheese like you said….I did cut up some olives and green onion for anyone who wanted to sprinkle them on at the end!! Great recipe for football games!
So glad to hear it!