Crock Pot Beef Barley Soup is a classic slow cooker soup recipe that is so easy to make and always a family favorite.
Cris here. This Crock Pot Beef Barley Soup is a slow cooker adaptation of the popular soup from Gooseberry Patch’s Fresh & Easy Family Meals. The beefy hearty flavor makes for a perfect lunch or dinner. My favorite part? The delicious slices of carrots! I just love cooked carrots.
Crock Pot Beef Barley Soup Notes:
- This soup is easy to throw into a slow cooker and cook all day.
- I like using our browning slow cookers to cook this up because I can brown the ground beef with the onion and celery in the unit and then flip it to slow cooker without having an additional skillet to wash. However, you can use a skillet to brown your meat and then pour into any 6 qt slow cooker if you would like.
- You can switch up the flavor of this dish a bit by switching out the diced tomatoes with your favorite flavored diced tomatoes. Basil, Oregano and Garlic varieties are some of my favorite to switch out.
Crock Pot Beef Barley Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 31.5 oz cans beef consomme (3-10.5 oz cans)
- 10.75 oz can tomato soup
- 6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cups broth
- 1/2 cup pearled barley uncooked
- 1 bay leaf
- Over medium heat, cook your ground beef, onion and celery, drain
- Put your beef mixture in your crock pot
- Add your remaining ingredients and stir
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
- Remove the bay leaf just before serving
Affiliate links were used in this post.