Crock Pot Chicken and Herbed Rice is pure comfort food. Your rice lovers will love this traditional dish with our trick for super tender chicken every time!
Last week Miss Add and I were on our own last week when Daddy had to go out of town. Last week also happened to be National Agriculture Week so Miss Add got to go a long with Mommy to several farm related events throughout the week. She was so excited to go and do “our meetings” together, including a conference and Ag Day at the Statehouse!
Miss Add sure was a trooper– taking it all in stride. Truth be told, Mommy’s patience wasn’t always what it should have been and at one point I even asked her… “You going to be glad for Daddy to get home so you won’t have to just deal with mean old mom?”
Her response was classic Add… “Oh Mommy you aren’t mean old mom, you are nice old mom.” So the moral of this story is I can be mean or nice, but regardless I am going to be old ;). LOVE my girl.
Our “meeting” schedule and juggling all our weekly responsibilities without Daddy left Mommy just a bit exhausted and grateful for an easy crock pot meal awaiting us when we got home! I especially liked this one because of its longer cooking time– which is rare these days.
Crock Pot Casseroles
I converted this recipe from one I found in one of my VERY favorite Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks – Best-Ever Casseroles. I have been itching to make more recipes with my casserole crock pot and I have found that my favorite casserole cookbook is a treasure trove of great recipes I can adapt to the crock pot. Here is a link to all of my current Casserole Crock Recipes. Note: You don’t have to have a casserole crock pot to cRock these recipes, just note that cooking times will vary based on the size, shape and age of your slow cooker.
Crock Pot Chicken and Herbed Rice
So back to the YUMMY Crock Pot Chicken and Herbed Rice…
My secret to the perfectly tender chicken in this dish is to use Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs– not chicken breasts. The thighs have just enough fat to create a very flavorful chicken mixed into your rice.
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thights
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Long-Cooking Rice We used Jasmati Rice
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1.25 Cups Water
- .5 oz Package Onion-Mushroom Soup Mix
- 1/2 Tablespoon Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Optional Garnish: Fresh Thyme or Rosemary
- Place chicken evenly on the bottom of the crock.
- Stir together remaining ingredients until blended well.
- Spread over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours. (Note: Time may vary, dish is done when chicken is tender and the rice has absorbed the liquid.)
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Thank you so much for sharing our links. When you share our links it helps support this site and keeps the recipes a comin’!