Today I am sharing a slow cooker recipe that my family LOVES. They ask me to make it all. the. time. I made this again tonight and Mikey actually called home from work to find out if it was “really true that you’re making Farmer’s Pie for supper tonight?!?”
Crock Pot Farmer’s Pie
Now you can make this any number of ways depending on what you have on hand or what leftovers you want to use up. It is sort of a spin on a shepherd’s pie.
You start out with a layer of dry stuffing mix and pour your soup mixture over top.
Then you add your turkey or chicken, then veggies and top with mashed potatoes. Now, you are going to want to wait to put on your cheese until about 5-10 min before time to serve.
Comfort in a bowl.
A Few Notes:
- I have used both 4 qt and 6 qt slow cookers to make this dish. As with any new recipe, I always recommend that you make it for the first time when you have time to adjust the cooking time as needed for your unit.
- While I used green beans and corn, feel free to use whatever veggies you enjoy.
- If you don’t have leftover turkey, you could always use a grocery store rotisserie chicken.
- If you don’t have leftover mashed potatoes on hand, you might consider using refrigerated pre-made mashed potatoes from the grocery store.
Crock Pot Farmer's Pie
- 6 oz Box Stuffing Mix
- 10.75 oz Can Cream of Celery Soup undiluted
- 2 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- 3/4 Cup chicken broth Optional
- 14.5 oz Can Green Beans drained
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 2 Cups Turkey or Chicken Cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Place stuffing in bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl mix soup and poultry seasoning and then spoon over stuffing.
- Layer meat on top of soup.
- Layer green beans and corn.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Top with cheese 5-10 min before serving.
Affiliate links were used in this post.