Do you love bell peppers, onion and beef? This Crock Pot Pepper Steak recipe is the recipe for you!
I really enjoy the flavor of a good red bell and green bell pepper (or Mangoes as I grew knowing them as 😉 ). So when I saw the Crock Pot Pepper Steak in Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes, it went on our menu list immediately.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
This is a great recipe for those who don’t like to have a browning step when they use a slow cooker. This recipe lets you coat your meat and place it on the bottom of your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients on top. It then has you cook on high for an hour (to somewhat replicate the browning stage) and then switch to low for the rest of your cooking time. We love this crock pot for this recipe because of the adjustable time/heat and alarm.
I stuck pretty closely to the original recipe on this one, with one slight alteration– I used Red Gold’s Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions instead of just regular diced tomatoes for the added flavor- yum!
- 1 to 1-1/2 lbs beef round steak cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green and/or red pepper sliced
- 14-1/2 oz can Red Gold diced tomatoes
- 4- oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 3 T soy sauce
- cooked rice
- Put your roast in your crock pot and sprinkle with flour and pepper.
- Stir well to coat your meat.
- Add the rest of your ingredients except for your rice.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce your heat to low and cook for another 8 hours.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
Affiliate links were used in this post.