Do you love bell peppers, onion and beef? This Crock Pot Pepper Steak recipe is the recipe for you!
I really enjoy the flavor of a good red bell and green bell pepper (or Mangoes as I grew knowing them as 😉 ). So when I saw the Crock Pot Pepper Steak in Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes, it went on our menu list immediately.
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
This is a great recipe for those who don’t like to have a browning step when they use a slow cooker. This recipe lets you coat your meat and place it on the bottom of your slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients on top. It then has you cook on high for an hour (to somewhat replicate the browning stage) and then switch to low for the rest of your cooking time. We love this crock pot for this recipe because of the adjustable time/heat and alarm.
I stuck pretty closely to the original recipe on this one, with one slight alteration– I used Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic and Onions instead of just regular diced tomatoes for the added flavor- yum!
Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- 3/4 lbs beef round steak cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green and/or red pepper sliced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- cooked rice
- Put your roast in your crock pot and sprinkle with flour and pepper.
- Stir well to coat your meat.
- Add the rest of your ingredients except for your rice.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce your heat to low and cook for another 8 hours.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
- Check out our favorite Slow Cookers, Pressure Cookers, Multi-Cookers and Air Fryers in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #16 - April 4, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #8 - March 20, 2023
- Newsletter Recipe Collection #4 - March 13, 2023
We are SO glad to have you in our slow cooking family!
Just fill out the form below and look for a confirmation email in your inbox! Our newsletter is always FREE and we are always serving up some yummy recipes!
pepper steak is very good,i also add a 6oz can of tomato paste.to save time i just use beef stew meat
Signing up on iPad but not going through
So sorry Kerry. Not sure what is going on. You can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/FrFKb