Crock Pot Peppermint Bark is a super simple holiday treat that is easy to make and is a great handmade gift for those that love homemade candy.
Note: We use referral links to products we love.
I just love white chocolate flavored candy… so when I was deciding which Christmas candies to make this year, I was drawn to making my own peppermint bark. I used a base recipe for the white candy base from one of my new favorite cookbooks– Crock Pot’s I Can Make That in My Slow Cooker.
Crock Pot Peppermint Bark Notes
- We love melting chocolate and almond bark in our slow cookers. It makes for easy candy making. However, you need to check on it every 15 minutes or so to make sure you do not burn it. Your candy is ready to work with once you can stir it completely smooth. This will take a different amount of time depending on your slow cooker. We used this 6 quart slow cooker.
- This candy has a mild peppermint flavor. If you would like a stronger peppermint flavor, you can increase the peppermint extract and should crunch your candy canes into larger pieces. We crushed ours very fine with our BlendTec blender.
Crock Pot Peppermint Bark
- 48 oz white almond bark (2 - 24 oz packages) broken into pieces
- 11 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 4 oz bar white chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 8 regular candy canes divided and crushed
- 12 pieces soft candy cane puffs roughly chopped
- Combine almond bark, chips and bar in a 6 quart slow cooker (we used this one).
- Cook on high for 30 min to 90 min until smooth making sure to stir occasionally to keep it from burning.
- Turn off heat and stir in extract.
- Line a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Crush 5 candy canes into pieces of desired size. We crushed ours into fine pieces using our BlendTec blender but you could even crush in a baggie by pounding with a rolling pin.
- Stir pieces into chocolate and pour it onto your lined pan.
- Evenly spread mixture and place in your refrigerator while you chop the candy cane puffs. (Note: you want the chocolate to cool a slight bit before placing the puffs in it so they don't melt.)
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and evenly push puff pieces into chocolate.
- Place pan in freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and break into bite size pieces.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Crispy Ninja Foodi Mississippi Chicken (Low Carb) - February 17, 2021
- Easy Meal Idea #6 (Riddle Round the Dinner Table Series) - February 16, 2021
- Easy Meal Idea # 5 (Riddle ‘Round the Dinner Table Series) - February 15, 2021