This Crock Pot Savory Parmesan Rice Recipe is a family favorite and a staple in our house. It is the perfect side for many main dishes.
Cris here. This recipe is one of my all time favorites. We make it all the time… both in the crock pot and also in the rice cooker or electric pressure cooker. Speaking of electric pressure cooker, we have an Instant Pot version of this recipe for those of you that are looking for electric pressure cooker recipes.
Crock Pot Savory Parmesan Rice Notes
- My BIGGEST tip for cooking rice in a slow cooker is using a slow cooker you know cooks evenly. MOST of my slow cookers do not. There… I said it. Aunt Lou swears by her Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker for rice. I personally love using my little basic 2 qt crock pot for side dishes like this. Using the correct size slow cooker is also key. This recipe works best in a small slow cooker. If you still struggle with rice, a rice cooker or electric pressure cooker could change your life ;).
- You need to use a long grain rice. I use Jasmati or Jasmine Rice.
- If you don’t have cooking sherry, you can use additional chicken broth.
- If you don’t have shallots, you can use 1/8 cup chopped onion.
Crock Pot Savory Parmesan Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Shallot diced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Cup Jasmati or JasmineRice
- 3/4 Cup Cooking Sherry
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Add all ingredients except the Parmesan Cheese into a small 2 quart slow cooker. (We used this one.)
- Cook on high for 90 min to 2 hours.
- Fluff rice with a fork and then stir in the cheese before serving.
- Crock Pot Soup Recipes (3 Reader Favorites) - April 27, 2021
- Ninja Foodi Buttered Noodles (Electric Pressure Cooker) - April 22, 2021
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole (Low Carb Options) - April 20, 2021