This Slow Cooker Louisiana Style Shrimp is perfect for an appetizer or great as a main dish served over rice for a special treat at family dinner.
Note: We use referral links to products we love in our posts.
Cris here. Mikey and I have fallen head over heels in love with this recipe for Slow Cooker Louisiana Style Shrimp from The Original Slow Cooker Recipe Collection. So, of course Mikey made you a video.
This dish reminds me SO MUCH of the shrimp we would get down in New Orleans when we would go down to visit family. I was shocked at how easy it was to recreate the same flavors at home!
- We crocked up this rockin’ recipe in our smaller slow cookers– Cuisinart 3.5 Qt Programmable and Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker, 4-Quart. Now, you could also get away with using a 2 quart slow cooker. I’d advise doubling the recipe if you want to use a slow cooker larger than 4 quart.
- We used medium sized shrimp (much to Mikey’s dismay–ha!) but you can use whichever size you’d like. You will want to use raw, deveined with shell.
- You will want to make sure you zest your lemon (remove the bright yellow skin with a zester or microplane) before you juice it. This is my favorite hand juicer.
- We serve this dish over our favorite rice– Crock Pot Savory Parmesan Rice (here is an Instant Pot version for you electric pressure cooker folks!)
Great Dinner or Appetizer
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp-deveined tails and shells on
- 1/2 cup butter- sliced
- 1 lemon- zested then juiced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepared Crock Pot Savory Parmesan RiceOR Electric Pressure Cooker Version
Spray a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
Zest your lemon with amicroplane or zester into a bowl and then set aside.
Next add the shrimp, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic to your crock pot and top with butter.
Cook on High for 90 minutes.
Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon zest.
Serve shrimp over rice and garnish with more lemon zest.