This Slow Cooker Louisiana Style Shrimp is perfect for an appetizer or great as a main dish served over rice for a special treat at family dinner.
Note: We use referral links to products we love in our posts.
Cris here. Mikey and I have fallen head over heels in love with this recipe for Slow Cooker Louisiana Style Shrimp from The Original Slow Cooker Recipe Collection. So, of course Mikey made you a video.
This dish reminds me SO MUCH of the shrimp we would get down in New Orleans when we would go down to visit family. I was shocked at how easy it was to recreate the same flavors at home!
- We crocked up this rockin’ recipe in our smaller slow cookers– Cuisinart 3.5 Qt Programmable and Calphalon Digital Slow Cooker, 4-Quart. Now, you could also get away with using a 2 quart slow cooker. I’d advise doubling the recipe if you want to use a slow cooker larger than 4 quart.
- We used medium sized shrimp (much to Mikey’s dismay–ha!) but you can use whichever size you’d like. You will want to use raw, deveined with shell.
- You will want to make sure you zest your lemon (remove the bright yellow skin with a zester or microplane) before you juice it. This is my favorite hand juicer.
- We serve this dish over our favorite rice– Crock Pot Savory Parmesan Rice (here is an Instant Pot version for you electric pressure cooker folks!)
Great Dinner or Appetizer
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp-deveined tails and shells on
- 1/2 cup butter- sliced
- 1 lemon- zested then juiced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepared Crock Pot Savory Parmesan RiceOR Electric Pressure Cooker Version
- Spray a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Zest your lemon with amicroplane or zester into a bowl and then set aside.
- Next add the shrimp, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic to your crock pot and top with butter.
- Cook on High for 90 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon zest.
- Serve shrimp over rice and garnish with more lemon zest.