Do you love a delicious and creamy mac ‘n cheese? Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Mac ‘n Cheese is a staple at all our family gatherings. This recipe is super creamy and everyone fights over the smoked sausage pieces!
Note: We use referral links for products we love.
Cris here. For as long as I can remember, Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese has been a staple at all our family gatherings. I can remember the first time I ever had it, my Aunt Sharon brought it to a Thanksgiving dinner and I remember thinking how GOOD it was and I was hooked!
So, a while back I decided to take one of Aunt Lou’s favorite mac ‘n cheese recipes from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes and turn it up it a notch by adding in some delicious smoked sausage! Mikey made us a video (pardon the lighting issues).
You see, every year, every holiday, I am now the one who makes the mac ‘n cheese for my family holiday meals and now all the kids beg for Aunt Cris’ (and Mommy’s) Smoked Sausage Mac ‘n Cheese. The problem is that I can’t seem to keep Aunt Lou from stealing all the sausages! So I double up on the sausage when I know she is going to be around… you think I am kidding, but I am not!
For this post, I served this Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Mac ‘n Cheese in my Grandma’s dishes. I remember many a holiday that we ate off these. I decided this occasion called for the special wheat dishes so I pulled them out.
Did your Grandma or mom ever have special dishes?
Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Mac ‘n Cheese Notes:
- Feel free to double up on the sausage if you have folks who like more smoked sausage.
- If you cannot find shredded Velveeta, you can use 3 1/2 cups of the block Velveeta cubed. A 32oz package of block Velveeta should have about 4 cups in it.
- If you are a crock pot liner user, THIS is a recipe I would highly recommend their use.
- For this Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Mac ‘n Cheese, I have used many different crock pots. I recommend using a 6 quart over a smaller slow cooker because it will stick less. Additionally, I love using the non-stick slow cookers with this recipe if I am not using a liner, because it does tend to stick.
Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Mac 'n Cheese
- 16 oz smoked sausage cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 oz elbow macaroni cooked
- 2 T oil
- 12 oz can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 4 c shredded Velveeta
- 1/2 c melted butter
- c Optional: 1/4 shredded cheddar cheese garnish
- Lightly toss your cooked macaroni in your oil until all the noodles are coated.
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray very well or use a crock pot liner.
- Pour in your macaroni.
- Add remaining ingredients to your crock pot and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Be sure to stir it every once in awhile.
- Ninja Foodi Grill Pork Shoulder Steaks - February 25, 2021
- Crispy Ninja Foodi Mississippi Chicken (Low Carb) - February 17, 2021
- Easy Meal Idea #6 (Riddle Round the Dinner Table Series) - February 16, 2021