Are you looking for an alternative to hot chocolate or an addition to your hot beverage selection this winter? Hot vanilla is a delicious and filling warm beverage recipe for the crock pot!
There is a secret out there… a secret I have yet to break to Miss Add (my 7 year old) and my dear friend Megan. Both are full card-carrying chocolate-aholics. (Seriously if you have never tried Megan’s Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins you are missing out on a legendary recipe… just sayin’).
But back to the secret…
Some folks don’t like chocolate. Or maybe that is too harsh… maybe it is that they just don’t LOVE it to the degree that those I love do ;). Now to protect the innocent I am not going naming names or anything… I’m just saying that there are folks out there that might be up for an alternative to hot chocolate… and for those folks, Hot Vanilla might be a fun twist. So,when I saw a recipe for Crock Pot Hot Vanilla in Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites, I knew I had to try it.
I really loved the results. and I began to think through all the ways to adapt this easy recipe. I have made it with vanilla and also made it with switching out the vanilla for yummy almond extract. I have sprinkled cinnamon on top and I have switched it up and sprinkled it with pumpkin pie spice! There are so many ways to make this just perfect for your family and friends. You can even serve with candy canes as stir sticks during the holidays for a special treat!
- 1/2 gallon whole milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks (4 inch long cinnamon sticks)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Garnish: whipped cream cinnamon
- Combine all your ingredients in your crock pot except for the garnish.
- Stir them all together until your sugar is dissolved.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours until heated through.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon.
Slow Cooker Recommendations
Any crock pot will cook this recipe up nicely. I personally prefer my automatic stirring slow cooker. It automatically stirs every two hours but for this recipe I just hit the manual button when I walk by it to stir things up nicely without ever having to open the lid!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Crispy Ninja Foodi Mississippi Chicken (Low Carb) - February 17, 2021
- Easy Meal Idea #6 (Riddle Round the Dinner Table Series) - February 16, 2021
- Easy Meal Idea # 5 (Riddle ‘Round the Dinner Table Series) - February 15, 2021