Are you looking for a delicious hot apple cider to serve up on a cold day or at your next holiday party? This Hot Citrus Crock Pot Cider has the perfect apple flavor with a hint of citrus!
I remember when I was a little girl my grandma had this binder full of handwritten recipes and in it there was a whole section of beverage recipes –all kinds of different punch recipes for different occasions. I was always intrigued with that section (and anytime I had a really good punch at a party 😉 ).
So, ever since then I think I’ve always paid special attention when I run across a beverage recipe. Maybe it is because it is somewhat of a lost art these days… not something you see everyday. Oh, but when you do get a nice mug of hot cider or a cup of a homemade punch, it is such a treat!
Hot Citrus Crock Pot Cider
So naturally when I was flipping through Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Fall Favorites and saw this Hot Citrus Crock Pot Cider I decided to give it a try (ESPECIALLY considering my addiction to the BEST Hot Chocolate recipe I found in there a while back!).
This yummy Hot Citrus Crock Pot Cider has all the yumminess of your typical apple cider with an added hint of citrus. Delish!
Hot Citrus Cider
- 1/2 gallon apple juice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks (4 inch long cinnamon sticks)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Garnish: apple slices
- Pour all ingredients into slow cooker and mix well.
- Heat through on low, stirring occasionally and keep warm while serving
- Serve in mugs with apple slices.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Slow Cooker Recommendations
Any crock pot will cook this recipe up nicely. I personally prefer my automatic stirring slow cooker. It automatically stirs every two hours but for this recipe I just hit the manual button when I walk by it to stir things up nicely without ever having to open the lid!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Mississippi Recipes (Crock Pot, Electric Pressure Cooker, Air Fryer) - March 30, 2021
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese (Ninja Foodi) - March 30, 2021
- Ninja Foodi Grill BBQ Ham Pineapple Kabobs - March 11, 2021