Are you looking for a bit of a new spin on the traditional meatball recipe? These Italian Scallion Crock Pot Meatballs are super yummy and great over rice for dinner or kept warm for an appetizer for your next party.
When I saw this recipe for Italian Scallion Crock Pot Meatballs from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes, I couldn’t believe that there was another flavor combination out there that we hadn’t tried yet. We are crazy about meatballs around here and have made them every way you can imagine. But I hadn’t made them with ketchup yet… and I instantly had a brainstorm!
Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup is kind of legendary around here and despite me being a spicy wimp– I love the complex flavor of this ketchup, so I thought why not try it in the recipe!
Italian Scallion Crock Pot Meatballs
So I decided to make half the recipe with the Jalapeno ketchup and half with Red Gold’s regular ketchup in my 3-Pot Buffet Slow Cooker (I put this ah-mazing Bacon Double Cheese Dip in the middle pot).
We loved the recipe both ways… but we really liked the Jalapeno Ketchup version ones over rice because the extra sauce poured over the rice really brought out the flavor– yum!
- 1 c grape juice
- 1 c apple jelly
- 1 c Red Gold ketchup
- 8 oz can Red Gold tomato sauce
- 4 lbs frozen Italian-style meatballs
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Put all of your ingredients in a saucepan except for the meatballs.
- Heat over medium heat while stirring until your jelly melts.
- Remove your saucepan from your heat.
- Place meatballs in your crock pot.
- Pour your sauce on top and stir gently until well coated.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with onions sprinkled on top.
Affiliate links were used in this post.