Would you like to come home to a roasted chicken that falls off the bone and is full of flavor? What if I told you that you could totally have that by just spending five minutes with your slow cooker in the morning? One of my favorite slow cooker meals of all time is my Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe.
I couldn’t believe when my fellow WW buds were telling me I could just toss a whole bird in a crockpot and it would turn out so amazing.
Up until then, the idea of cooking a whole chicken was a bit intimidating.
But then I tried it and it was ah-mazing and it couldn’t be easier?! Where had I been?
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is simply a whole chicken seasoned to taste with your favorite seasonings.
We love the fragrant woody flavor of fresh rosemary, but we have also made it with a flavorful bundle of poultry seasonings like sage and thyme. I have used fresh herbs and I have used dried herbs.
The fantastic thing is you can use what you have on hand. My go to is Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and Rosemary.
Lemon pepper chicken fan? You could totally adapt this recipe to pack that citrusy punch. Use your favorite lemon pepper seasoning, add a few slices of fresh lemon and ta-dah, fancy schmancy Lemon Pepper Chicken ;).
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Style Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken- Rinsed and Patted Dry
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt- To Taste
- 4-6 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary or 1-2 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- Spray the chicken lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken breast side down into the slow cooker
- Sprinkle liberally with the seasoned salt.
- Arrange rosemary around the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- We make this Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken in a 6 quart Slow Cooker.
- My family peels away the skin from this recipe. If you have a family that enjoys eating the skin, you may want to pop your whole chicken into a broiler safe pan and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.