Would you like to come home to a roasted chicken that falls off the bone and is full of flavor? What if I told you that you could totally have that by just spending five minutes with your slow cooker in the morning? One of my favorite slow cooker meals of all time is my Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe.
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken in a Slow Cooker
I first blogged about Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken over on GOODEness Gracious years ago. I just love this simple recipe that I have adapted over the years from a great Weight Watchers tip.
I couldn’t believe when my fellow WW buds were telling me I could just toss a whole bird in a crockpot and it would turn out so amazing.
Up until then, the idea of cooking a whole chicken was a bit intimidating.
But then I tried it and it was ah-mazing and it couldn’t be easier?! Where had I been?
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is simply a whole chicken seasoned to taste with your favorite seasonings.
We love the fragrant woody flavor of fresh rosemary, but we have also made it with a flavorful bundle of poultry seasonings like sage and thyme. I have used fresh herbs and I have used dried herbs.
The fantastic thing is you can use what you have on hand. My go to is Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and Rosemary.
Lemon pepper chicken fan? You could totally adapt this recipe to pack that citrusy punch. Use your favorite lemon pepper seasoning, add a few slices of fresh lemon and ta-dah, fancy schmancy Lemon Pepper Chicken ;).
Whole Chicken Recipes
Check out our Recipe Finder for a full list of our chicken recipes. Below are a few of our favorites.
- Crock Pot BBQ Beer Chicken
- Stuffed Crock Pot Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chinese 5 Spice Chicken
- Crispy Slow Cooker Chicken
NOTES ON SLOW COOKER ROTISSERIE CHICKEN
- We make this Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken in a 6 quart Slow Cooker.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- See our Recipe Finder for a full list of our chicken recipes.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. Your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
One note: My family peels away the skin from this recipe. If you have a family that enjoys eating the skin, you may want to pop your whole chicken into a broiler safe pan and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the skin.
Slow Cooker Rotisserie Style Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken- Rinsed and Patted Dry
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt- To Taste
- 4-6 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary or 1-2 Tbsp Dried Rosemary
- Spray the chicken lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken breast side down into the slow cooker
- Sprinkle liberally with the seasoned salt.
- Arrange rosemary around the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
SERVE THIS RECIPE WITH THESE RECIPES
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
- Crock Pot Cajun Chicken
- Crock Pot Fire Bird
- Whole Chicken with Vegetables Electric Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Crock Pot Mississippi Whole Chicken
- Crock Pot Whole Chicken with Vegetables