Are you looking for comfort food to throw into the crock pot? This Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole turns an everyday dinner into a holiday tasting treat.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Over on GOODEness Gracious recently, I shared the my take on the original recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole from Gooseberry Patch Cookbook: Everyday Simple Suppers. (Another great cookbook that I highly recommend.)
Miss Add calls this yummy dish Chicken and Stuffin’ Dumplins and I swear she begged for all of the leftovers until they were gone. Note: This recipe tends to be a little more moist than traditional stuffing casseroles, so if you prefer the drier texture, you may want to reduce your liquid in the recipe, however we like it as is.
If you want your stuffing to be full of flavor, substitute chicken broth for your water when preparing your stuffing mix. You will never use water again. Seriously good.
Time Saver Tip
Have a recipe that calls for chicken but you don’t have time to cook it up as directed? Pop by your grocery store and pick up a rotisserie chicken and cut it up instead.
- 2 6 oz Chicken Flavored Stuffing Mix (prepared as directed except with broth instead of water)
- 2 10 oz Cream of Chicken Soup (I used Healthy Request)-Divided
- ½ Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken- Cubed
- Optional: 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare stuffing as directed replacing water with broth.
- Place in a sprayed 5 QT Slow Cooker
- Stir in one can of soup.
- In another bowl, mix milk, chicken and other soup.
- Pour over stuffing.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 Hours
Did you miss these other great recipes over on GOODEness Gracious from Gooseberry Patch Cookbook: Everyday Simple Suppers:
- Meatball Noodle Bake
- Pita Pizzas
- Tuscan Pork Roast
- Pizza Skillet Bake
- Ham & Cheese Skillet
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Maple Ham & Egg Cups
Affiliate links were used in this post.