Are you looking for a new delicious hearty soup that will warm you up while it fills you up? Look no further! Our Crock Pot Chili Vegetable Ranch Hand Soup is comfort in a bowl — especially on those chilly nights when you just want to stay in and stay warm.
Cris here. When the folks over at RO*TEL and ConAgra asked me to share a recipe with you that would celebrate Hibernation Season in a sponsored post, I was thrilled. My family loves staying in when it is cold outside. Put on a fire, cozy up to a movie or… ahem marathon… on the tv and have something yummy for dinner from the crock pot. Truth be told, that is actually my ideal family time this time of year. So, I just knew we could come up with something that you guys would love to make for those chilly days where y’all want to hibernate as well. And boy, oh boy did we!
Crock Pot Chili Vegetable Ranch Hand Soup
I just love this soup. It is so filling and so easy to throw together. I even sneaked in a lot of veggies and of course those delicious RO*TEL tomatoes.
The star of this dish of course is the Chili Fixin’s RO*TEL. It definitely made this a dish to warm up to! You can feel free to use two cans of it, but because it packed a little heat and my 8 year old does not like hot flavors, I decided to use one can of the Chili Fixin’s and one can of the mild RO*TEL as a substitute.
When I told Mikey what I planned to make, he said we should totally do an episode of Cookin’ Cris’ Dishes on his YouTube channel to really show you guys how easy it is to throw together… or it was just an excuse for him to wear his ranch hand hat ;)…
- We used our 6 qt Ninja Slow Cooker to make this recipe which allowed us to brown the meat in the unit but you can use any 6 qt or larger slow cooker and just brown your meat on the stove.
- Like I said before, you can turn up the heat or turn down the heat depending on which RO*TEL tomatoes you choose to use.
- This recipe is very versatile. You can substitute your favorite veggies for the frozen ones we used and any style beans you would like.
- The soup is quite meaty because my family loves it that way. If you’d like a soupier consistency, just reduce your meat from 2 lbs to 1 lb.
- We served this up with tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt and shredded cheese. It would also be good with green onions, sour cream, guacamole, crackers or any other chili/taco soup fixin’s.
- This recipe makes a lot. We freeze the leftovers of this soup in our favorite little 2 cup soup containers. Then I just pop one in Miss Add’s lunch for her to heat up at school.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 19 oz cans minestrone soup -undiluted
- 2 15 oz cans ranch beans or chili beans- do not drain
- 2 10 oz cans of RO*TEL we used 1 can Mild and 1 can Chili Fixin's
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 envelope Ranch dressing mix.
- Garnish- Corn chips sour cream, cheese, etc.
- Brown ground beef and sausage with onion.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Place in slow cooker and add remaining ingredients except garnish and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs.
- Serve with desired garnishes.
We hope you enjoy our Crock Pot Chili Vegetable Ranch Hand Soup while you are staying cozy and warm this Hibernation Season!
ConAgra Foods products can be found in 99 percent of American households, and include many iconic brands such as Hunt’s, Hebrew National, Swiss Miss, Manwich, PAM Cooking Spray and many more. Whether on their own or as part of a delicious recipe, ConAgra Foods brands are perfect for nearly any eating or entertaining occasion.