Our Crock Pot Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is comfort in a bowl. If you are looking for a new soup to cook up in your slow cooker, THIS is the recipe for you.
Cris here. When the people at Sargento® challenged me to create a sponsored comfort food recipe a la Chopped style, I couldn’t resist. If you are familiar with the popular Food Network show, the contestants are given a list of ingredients and asked to make a dish on the spot.
Crock Pot Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Challenge accepted, I looked over my list and got to work. Per the rules, I needed to use Sargento Cheddar Cheese, leeks, crimini mushrooms and cauliflower in my dish and so, our Crock Pot Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Soup was born! The creamy cheesy soup is so warming and delicious and the mushrooms at so much flavor. We just love this soup and incorporating Sargento’s Fine Cut Cheddar Cheese was easy because we use it all the time.
Chopped At Home
Did you guys know that the Food Network has a fun Chopped At Home contest going on right now and you can vote for the recipe you think should win?! How fun is that? Not only that, but round one’s theme is comfort food– so the recipes folks are sharing there have to be good (and it would be a great place to find more great recipe ideas).
Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Soup Recipe Notes:
We used many ingredients that you may or may not be familiar with so here are a few notes to help you make this dish yours at home.
- If you cannot find leeks in your grocery store, you can substitute 1 large onion. If you want to use leeks but you are unfamiliar with them, the look like large green onions at the grocery store. When you get them home you should rinse them off and slice them up.Then you should put the slices in a bowl of water to soak to get any grit off the slices. Drain and pat dry before using.
- We used crimini mushrooms which are marketed as baby bellas in some grocery stores. You can used regular white button mushrooms if you’d like, but if you find the darker crimini mushrooms they will add a lot more flavor.
- Use 2 Tablespoons flour for a thinner soup or 3 -4 Tablespoons for a thicker soup.
- We used a 6 qt slow cooker to make this dish.
Crock Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 leeks sliced and rinsed well.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms I used crimini mushrooms for added flavor
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth divided
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese plus extra for serving
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish- Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Cheddar Cheese bacon crumbles, green onion
- In a skillet melt the butter and then add cauliflower and leeks and cook for 5 min over medium heat.
- Stir in mushroom and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth, scraping up any brown bits from skillet, then transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir in remaining broth.
- Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender (4-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high)
- Stir in cheddar cheese gradually until melted
- Stir in cream and let sit until heated (5 minutes)
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with cheese, bacon and green onions
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Goode Times Weekly Vol. 1, Issue 1 - September 14, 2020
- If You Liked Perfect Crock Pot Roast, Try This Recipe - September 12, 2020
- Easy Grilled Shrimp (Ninja Foodi Grill) - June 18, 2020