Are you looking for a tasty new chicken recipe that is super easy? Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken is a huge hit in this house!
To say we love this Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken from Gooseberry Patch’s Super Fast Slow Cooking cookbook would be an understatement. We ate it in soft tacos (drained) and ladled over rice while the original recipe called for it to be served over cooked rotini.
Mikey even figured out a trick with his Crock Pot Lunch Warmer… he would put uncooked minute rice (1/2 cup) in the bottom with 1/2 cup broth and then ladle in the garlic chicken we had cooked the day before. Once he got to work, he plugged his warmer in and he said after about 20-30 min it was perfect! He took leftovers that entire week!
Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken Notes
There really aren’t a lot of notes on this dish because it is so simple to throw together.
- We used boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. It would also be good with boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- We used one of our favorite 6 qt slow cookers, however, any 4-6 qt slow cooker should work for this recipe.
Hope you guys enjoy this as much as we do!!
Crock Pot Garlic Tomato Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 15 oz can diced tomatoes (we used the basil garlic and oregano flavored )
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced (we used freeze dried garlicas always)
- 1 T dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 c water
- cooked rotini pasta or rice
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Put your chicken in your crock pot
- Combine everything else together (except your rotini) and pour over your chicken
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Remove your chicken from the crock pot and shred with a fork (or mixer)
- Add your shredded chicken back into your sauce in your crock pot and mix well
- Serve it up over your rotini or rice.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Her site Recipes That Crock is dedicated to helping everyone find delicious recipes to serve their families every month.