Baby it’s cold outside! One of my family’s favorite ways to warm up is with this Easy Crock Pot Chili!
Aunt Lou here.
I remember Mom making chili when I was little. We always said that when she made chili, she made enough to feed an army. That is still true to this day, and I carry on that tradition in my home.
Easy Crock Pot Chili
We love adding mild breakfast sausage (we get ours from one of my favorite pig farmers) to our spaghetti, so I thought I would try out mom’s tried and true chili recipe in the crock pot with some breakfast sausage. And the result was this delicious Easy Crock Pot Chili.
- 1 lb mild ground breakfast sausage browned
- 2 46 oz cans tomato juice
- 2 c macaroni cooked
- 2 1.25 oz mild chili seasoning packets
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 15.5 oz can mild chili beans undrained
- Optional: 1 small onion diced
- Pour your tomato juice in your crock pot
- Place the rest of your ingredients in your crock pot and stir until well blended
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For our beloved Easy Crock Pot Chili, I used my West Bend 6-Quart Round Slow Cooker. You need a biggin’ for this recipe as it makes a lot. But one of the great things about chili is that it is even better when reheated, so we don’t mind letting it warm us up a few days in a row. 🙂
Affiliate links were used in this post.