This Crock Pot Ham and Beans recipe could not be easier. This delicious creamy comfort food goes great with some sweet corn bread. So grab some left over ham or a couple ham hocks and get to crockin’.
I just loved this dish. It was a great way to help stretch my $50 in my $50 Challenge that I took a couple weeks ago. After making a delicious and simple ham, I made all kinds of dishes (recipes coming soon) but I knew I had to make this traditional dish.
Growing up my mom would always make beans and ham with pinto beans vs. the northern beans I use here. Aunt Lou prefers the pinto beans from our childhood and actually cooked up a batch on the stove top over on our sister site GOODEness Gracious. If you would prefer not to crock, you can find her Stove Top Ham and Beans here.
I’m sharing my recipe for northern or white beans and ham here today.
Crock Pot Ham and Beans
Years ago, the perfect pot of beans used to elude me but then I found my friend Tina’s recipe over on Mommy’s Kitchen and it turned out wonderfully.
I have altered Tina’s recipe over the years to fit our tastes but kept her method of cooking the beans and they always turn out beautifully.
- 16 oz Dried Northern Beans
- 1 Cup Leftover Ham and Meaty Ham Bone or 2.5 Ham Hocks
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse beans and be careful to remove pebbles.
- Place in crockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover in water until water reaches about 2 inches above the beans.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and then on low for 4.
- Remove meat from bones and discard bones.
- Stir and crush some of the beans to make the dish creamier.
More Leftover Ham Recipes
This recipe is one of our favorite leftover ham recipes. Check out the list below for more leftover ham ideas!
- Crock Pot Soup Recipes (3 Reader Favorites) - April 27, 2021
- Ninja Foodi Buttered Noodles (Electric Pressure Cooker) - April 22, 2021
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole (Low Carb Options) - April 20, 2021