This Crock Pot Polish Sausage Cabbage Soup is a hand-me-down soup recipe from Poland has a very unique flavor and is perfect way to switch up soup night!
Cris here. Confession… I love cooked cabbage. It is by far one of my favorite sides. So, when I saw this Crock Pot Polish Sausage and Cabbage Soup in Gooseberry Patch’s Busy Day Slow Cooking I told Mikey we HAD to make it. And then, he made a face at me. He wasn’t exactly sold on the idea. But I didn’t really give him a choice! And so he made a video!
Crock Pot Polish Sausage Cabbage Soup Notes
- The cookbook says this soup recipe (submitted by Marcia Shaffer of Pennsylvania) was a hand-me-down recipe from Poland.
- The flavor in this recipe is definitely not a typical American flavor. The caraway seed adds a black licorice-like flavor to the soup. If you are unsure about that flavor, you may want to test it out or skip it because it is very prominent in the soup. If you leave it out, your soup will taste more like a vegetable soup.
- We used our 6 Qt Cuisinart for this recipe, but any 6 Qt slow cooker should work just fine.
- 1/ 1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage links halved lengthwise and cut into bite size pieces.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cabbage chopped
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 to 2 onions chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 2 Tablespoon caraway seed crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all your ingredients in your crock pot and mix gently until well combined
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.