Are you looking for a tried and true pork recipe? This Crock Pot Thai Pork recipe was sent to us from a dear reader and we just love it.
A while back we started really hanging out with readers over on Instagram and before long I got a lovely note from a reader– Steph Ramsey. Steph wanted to share one of her family’s favorite slow cooker recipes with us. She said she found this recipe in her paper years ago and now her family enjoys it regularly. We LOVE getting reader recipes to try out, so before long I was cRockin’ up this Asian inspired dish and boy, oh boy did we love it!.
I really enjoyed this recipe for Crock Pot Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce because it is quite a bit different from other dishes that we have on the site. It is one of the reason I love using my slow cookers. The possibilities of what you can cook up are just about endless!
- I cooked this dish up in my 6 qt Slow Cooker but it would easily fit into most 4-6qt slow cookers.
- I served it over my VERY FAVORITE RICE that I cooked up in my rice cooker but you can serve this delicious dish over minute rice if you’d like.
- We used freeze dried garlic instead of fresh.
Crock Pot Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce
- 2 pound boneless pork loin trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers cored, seeded, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced (we used freeze dried garlic)
- ¼ cup peanut butter use chunky if you want extra peanut pieces
- For serving: Cooked rice ½ chopped green onions, ¼ cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts and 2 limes, cut into 8 to 12 wedges
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Put your pork, bell peppers, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, red bell pepper flakes and garlic in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low up to 8 hrs, until pork is fork tender.
- Take your pork out of your crock pot and coarsely chop.
- Add your peanut butter to liquid in your crock pot and stir well to dissolve your peanut butter to make the sauce.
- Put your chopped pork back in your crock pot and toss until your meat is coated.
- Serve in shallow bowls over hot rice.
- Sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.
- Pass lime wedges.
Big thanks to Steph for sharing this awesome recipe! If you have a recipe you’d like us to try, email me at [email protected]. Enjoy!!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Low Carb Ninja Foodi Italian Wedding Soup - October 6, 2020
- Goode Times Weekly Vol. 1, Issue 2 - September 27, 2020
- If you enjoyed our Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup, Try This Recipe - September 26, 2020