Do you love a good pulled pork recipe? This Crock Pot Pulled Pork Roast from Gooseberry Patch’s Slow-Cooker Christmas Favorites is a must try. It has a wonderful flavor even without the bbq sauce!
Aunt Lou here.
If you have seen my other recipes recently, you know that Michael found a hunk of pork on sale and brought it home for me to cook up. It was so huge that I had him cut it into thirds and made up three recipes!(Check out the Easy Pork Roast and Garlic Pork Roast recipes that used up the rest of my hunk o’ pork.)
Crock Pot Pulled Pork Roast
I was pleased as punch with this recipe. I had a sample of it before I put in the bbq sauce…because well, it smelled too good to not try! I fell in love with the flavor. The flavor of the meat went together perfectly with my Bullseye Original (my absolute favorite bbq sauce!). Ryder and I had it for lunch and I had to fight him for my sandwich!
- 1 onion, quartered and halved
- 2-3 lb pork roast
- ¼ c cider vinegar
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 12oz cans lemon-lime soda
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ t dry mustard
- ¼ t ground red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bulls Eye bbq sauce, or favorite bbq sauce
- Put your onion in the bottom of your crock pot
- Place your roast on top of the onions
- Pour your cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-lime soda on top of your roast
- Evenly sprinkle your garlic and spices on top of the roast
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours (your roast should be tender)
- Take your roast out of your crock pot and shred with two forks
- If desired, remove your onions
- Return the shredded pork to your crock pot and cook for one more hour
- Remove the liquid from your crock pot
- Add your bbq sauce, mix well and heat through
- Serve on buns
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I whipped this super easy Pulled Pork recipe up in my Travel Crock Pot and it was the perfect size. So your favorite 6 quart slow cooker should work nicely with this recipe.
Affiliate links were used in this post.