Every once in a while it just hits me that one of our FAVORITE recipes is not on the site. That is what happened when I was making up a big batch of pulled pork the other day. I have been making this recipe for years and I just love it. It is definitely a staple around here and something that you have to try if you haven’t!
I just love recipes like this. You toss a handful of ingredients into your slow cooker and it turns out perfect every time. We serve this up on sandwiches, eat it on it’s own, add it to the top of nachos or salad… you get the picture. We use it for all kind of things! We like to top it with BBQ sauce, ranch and sometimes even taco sauce– or a combination– yum!
You can use any 5-6 qt recipe that will fit your cut of pork shoulder. However, I like the ease of clean up of the non-stick surface of this slow cooker and use it ALL. THE. TIME.
Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 2 Sweet Onions quartered
- 5.5 lb Pork Shoulder
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
- 12 oz Bottle Chili Sauce
- 12 oz Can Root Beer
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours
- Remove and shred with forks or transfer to mixer and mix while hot until shredded.
- Return the juices for serving.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Cris (see all)
- Crock Pot Mississippi Loose Meat Sandwiches (Low Carb Options) - February 19, 2020
- Air Fryer Pepper Jack Chicken (Ninja Foodi) - February 6, 2020
- Easy Guacamole Recipe - February 6, 2020