This Crock Pot Tex Mex Salsa Soup Recipe is super simple to throw together, very flavorful AND hearty!
Cris here. I have been given a hard time by some readers for my love of all things salsa-y and black bean-y… and truth be told, I am guilty as charged 😉
My only defense is that this site is filled with recipes that our families actually eat and Tex Mex and Mexican inspired dishes are staples in our menus. So, naturally, that is going to be a big part of our site. So… if you don’t want another salsa soup recipe, ya probably want to skip this one… BUT as for me and my house, we are ALWAYS up for a new spin on salsa soup and this Crock Pot Tex Mex Salsa Soup definitely fits the bill ;).
This Crock Pot Tex Mex Salsa Soup comes from Gooseberry Patch’s Fresh and Easy Family Meals… we just altered it to make it slow cooker soup.
Mikey made you a video for this one 🙂
Crock Pot Tex Mex Salsa Soup Notes
- We like to use our Crock Pot 6 Qt Stove Top Safe slow cooker to make this soup, particularly if we haven’t already made our Make Ahead Ground Beef. That way we — if need be– we can brown our ground beef in the slow cooker crock on the stove and then we can just throw everything into the same pot (after draining the meat) and no extra dishes to clean. Any 4-6 qt slow cooker should work just fine.
- This soup freezes well. We like to freeze in these 2 cup containers for individual lunch servings.
Crock Pot Tex-Mex Salsa SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 16 oz jars of salsa
- 10 oz can black beans
- 3/4 cup dried lentils
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- garnish: shredded Cheddar cheese sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all your ingredients except your chips and garnish in your crock pot
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- Serve with tortilla chips and garnish as desired
Affiliate links were used in this post.