If you want a new go-to recipe that is ah-mazing, then I have a treat for you! This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s Game-Day Fan Fare is so delicious!
Aunt Lou here.
I love a good pasta dish, don’t you? This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne is not only delicious, it is a recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne
- This is a recipe that requires a little bit of prep-time, but it is SO worth it!
- I used Cheddar instead of American cheese like the original recipe calls for, so if you want to mix it up, you can try it with American too!
- I used Cassie (my casserole crock pot). While she is only a 3.5-quart crock pot, she is designed to let things be spread out, so if you are using a regular crock pot, I would advise using a 5-6 quart.
- 16 oz pkg penne pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Bring your milk and half-and-half to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Take your saucepan off of the heat and whisk in your Mozzarella cheese slowly until melted
- Put your cooked pasta, cheese mixture, chicken, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Pour your mixture into your crock pot
- Sprinkle your Cheddar cheese and bread crumbs evenly across the top of your mixture
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.