If you want a new go-to recipe that is ah-mazing, then I have a treat for you! This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s Game-Day Fan Fare is so delicious!
Aunt Lou here.
I love a good pasta dish, don’t you? This Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne is not only delicious, it is a recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Penne
- This is a recipe that requires a little bit of prep-time, but it is SO worth it!
- I used Cheddar instead of American cheese like the original recipe calls for, so if you want to mix it up, you can try it with American too!
- I used Cassie (my casserole crock pot). While she is only a 3.5-quart crock pot, she is designed to let things be spread out, so if you are using a regular crock pot, I would advise using a 5-6 quart.
- 16 oz pkg penne pasta cooked and drained
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grilled chicken cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
Bring your milk and half-and-half to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat
Take your saucepan off of the heat and whisk in your Mozzarella cheese slowly until melted
Put your cooked pasta, cheese mixture, chicken, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Pour your mixture into your crock pot
Sprinkle your Cheddar cheese and bread crumbs evenly across the top of your mixture
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.