Do you need a hearty stew that is oh-so-easy to throw together? This Crock Pot Italian Hobo Stew submitted by reader Jackie Sheflin fits the bill!
Cris here. We just love when readers reach out to us to share their favorite recipes. Jackie sent us several and this one was one of the favorites we have tried so far 🙂 Mikey even made a video.
As Mikey says in the video, the carrots just make this stew. It is so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing Jackie! If you have a recipe you would like to share with us, send it to [email protected].
Crock Pot Italian Hobo Stew Notes
- Jackie used Simply Potatoes in her recipe, but they weren’t available at my grocery store, so we substituted O’Brien potatoes. Country style hash browns would also work.
- We used our Crock Pot Make Ahead Ground Beef to make this recipe even easier to just dump and go.
- We used our 6 quart Cuisinart 3 in 1 Slow Cooker but any 6 quart slow cooker should do just fine.
- 16 oz package Simply Potatoes - diced with onions & uncooked we used 16 oz O'Brien potatoes instead.
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck
- 2 cup chopped onion divided
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes with oregano basil & garlic
- 29 oz sliced carrots (2-14.5 oz cans) undrained
- 30 oz peas (2-15 oz cans) undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté your ground beef with one cup of your chopped onion and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Layer your ingredients in this order: potatoes, ground chuck, remaining cup of chopped onion, tomatoes, carrots with juices, peas with juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5-7 hours
Affiliate links were used in this post.
- Air Fryer Old Bay Chicken Legs (Ninja Foodi) - January 20, 2021
- Low Carb Crock Pot Pecan Sandie Bars - January 18, 2021
- Grilled Sausage, Peppers and Onions (Ninja Foodi Grill) - January 14, 2021